EWI was established in San Francisco in 1938 as Executive Secretaries, an organization to bring key women together to promote their firms and improve their community.
The Denver Chapter was chartered on November 22, 1954.
In 1977, the name was changed to Executive Women International to better reflect the changing role of women in the workplace and the international expansion.
EWI continues to evolve. Today, there are nearly 70 Chapters in major cities in the United States and Canada. The organization is constantly seeking to be current and relevant to its members, with its network available to every member firm.