The ASIST Scholarship is a non-discriminatory, educational scholarship program for the benefit of nontraditional students pursuing an associates, bachelor or master’s degree, or a technical/professional certificate. These include persons who are:
- Past high school age and who are entering a college, university, or trade school and/or the workforce for the first time
- Non-traditional students already enrolled in a college, university, or trade school program
- Re-training due to changes in the workplace
- Otherwise are not the traditional college, university, or trade school, recently finished with high school
In addition to the Chapter ASIST, there are corporate awards (payable in USD) given annually. Corporate candidates are selected from first place Chapter winners.
Awards are provided for the recipients’ education and related expenses to aid them in obtaining the necessary educational skills to help achieve career goals and objectives. Related expenses include tuition, books and mandatory fees from schools. Not included are such things as rent, utility payments, travel expense, repayment of student loans or remaining balances payable to recipient. Checks for Chapter and Corporate scholarship awards are paid directly to the respective college, university or trade school. Scholarship awards are valid for one year from date granted and must be paid within one year of being awarded. Unclaimed awards will be returned to the Chapter or Corporate B/C/DP accounts for redistribution.
Selection criteria may include the following:
- Financial need
- Socially, physically and economically challenged adults
- Preference is given to those individuals with children residing in the home
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Clearly define career goals and objectives
- Specify the educational requirements to attain the above goals and objectives
- Utilize re-entry programs available through colleges/universities/technology centers, community agencies and service groups or career professionals
- 18 years of age or older
- Applicant must reside within boundaries of a participating EWI Chapter – refer to list on ewiconnect.com
Click here for more information and the application.